Friday, February 25, 2011

Making Our World a Better Place.

Over the past decade, my personal focus has shifted from trying to make my world better, to doing my part to make the world better. My definition of "success" has been redefined and I have really made some significant changes in my outlook on certain topics. When I am confronted with an issue or dilemma, I truly try my best to identify the real issue, identify my role, if any, in the issue and come up with a tangible way to actually solve the problem. It's one thing to report on issues, or even complain about what is wrong or what could be better, but I would suggest that there is something missing for most people, as there was for me. Perhaps we forget to consider that it maybe more fruitful to ask ourselves the question in the midst of all of this, "What am I doing to fix these problems?"

Over the next few weeks I will be sharing with you my thoughts on certain topics and how we can, perhaps, address them. Some of them are pretty heavy topics, but if we sweep them under the rug or do not deal with them, then we really have very little right to complain about these issues when we are presented with them. And, more importantly, what does that say about the future of the world.

Any comments or feedback is most certainly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment